This spring students, faculty, and staff in The Department of Forest and Rangeland Stewardship took home awards for their outstanding achievements and service in their field.
- Zoe Lipscomb received the Outstanding Senior in Rangeland Ecosystem Science Award
- Esme Wissinger received the Outstanding Senior in Forest Sciences Award
- Angelika Helmer received the Outstanding Senior in Natural Resources Management Award
- Sarah Williams received the Outstanding Senior in Restoration Ecology Award
Warner College Council awards:
- Angelika Helmer received the FRS Outstanding Student Award
- Faculty member Sarah Hart received Instructor of the Year Award
- Scott Bradfield received the Outstanding Range Instructor of the Year award from the Rangeland Ecology Club
- FRS researchers Ryleigh Gelles, Seth Davis, and Camille Stevens Rumann received an outstanding FRS publication award for their paper “Wildfire and forest thinning shift floral resources and nesting substrates to impact native bee biodiversity in ponderosa pine forests of the Colorado Front Range” published in Forest Ecology and Management.
Warner College of Natural Resources awards:
- CFRI staff member Maddie Wilson received the Warner College Diversity and Inclusion Award
- Faculty member Sri Baral received the WCNR Dean’s Transdisciplinary Travel Grant to attend the conference ‘2023 Transdisciplinary Conference on Connecting Health and Climate Change’.
Congratulations to all of these award winners and nominees for these highly deserved awards and for your service to FRS, Warner College of Natural Resources, Colorado State University, and your communities. These awards would not be possible without the efforts of nominators who take the time to help highlight their colleagues.